Re: [opensuse] KMail problem
  • From: Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:03:22 -0400
Peter Nikolic wrote:
On Saturday 05 Jun 2010 00:17:46 Doug wrote:
I thought I had solved the KMail problem, but it's back. I give up!
I have installed Thunderbird, and will use that, even tho I liked
KMail better.

Does anybody know how to add a "sig" in T-Bird? I had to add the one
below by hand.

--doug
_____
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M. Greeley

Hi .

Kmail unfortunately is very good at getting it's settings corrupted out of
the
blue work one moment fail the next with all manner of failure reports , I
have
always found just going into settings and deleting everything then re-
entering them sorts it out for a while .

I have been having this with Kmail for years now i did report it once it
never
got any response quite frankly the entire bug system stinks .

i also found Thunderbird a very poor replacement for kmail which is why i
keep
on using kmail

Pete .

I may have mentioned in another reply, that I basically did what you
suggested--empty everything, start over. It worked for a couple of
messages and then hung again. And T-Bird has no reply to list; the
Windows version maybe had it once, but it's grayed out now.

--doug