Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:00:28 -0400
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 10:25 -0400, James Knott wrote:
I have been using SuSEfirewall2 for several years with IPv4. However,
IIRC, it doesn't work with IPv6, which I have recently started using.
What firewalls work with IPv6?

We abandoned all else for fwbuilder *years* ago, and it has only gotten
amazingly better. It supports iptables, IPv4/IPv6, BSD's ipfw, Cisco
IOS, etc... it will install and activate the rules across the network...
it is one *amazing* application.

<http://www.fwbuilder.org/>

Build your servers' firewall configurations and click install. In a
beautiful GUI with zero loss of flexibility.

zypper ar -cf -n 'Firewall Builder' \
http://www.fwbuilder.org/rpm/stable/opensuse-11-i586/ fwbuilder
wget http://www.fwbuilder.org/PACKAGE-GPG-KEY-fwbuilder.asc
rpm --import PACKAGE-GPG-KEY-fwbuilder.asc
zypper refresh
zypper install fwbuilder

Enjoy. I only wish other aspects of Linux administration had tools of similar
quality to fwbuilder.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>