Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:39:16 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

I have been using SuSEfirewall2 for several years with IPv4.
However, IIRC, it doesn't work with IPv6, which I have recently
started using. What firewalls work with IPv6?

SuSEfirewall2 is really just a wrapper around iptables - you should
be fine using plain iptables.

Other than address specific rules, does it require different rules for
IPv6? Or does the fact that my IPv4 firewall only permits ssh and
OpenVPN also apply to IPv6 traffic?

iptables for ipv6 is 'ip6tables', but otherwise I believe your setup
will be roughly the same.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.8°C)