Re: [opensuse] unable to login to KDE under newly installed 11.2
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:46:31 +0200
On Wednesday 02 of June 2010, Julien Michielsen wrote:
Yesterday I installed 11.2 on my machine, and I don't succeed to login to
my useraccount under X. It prompts for the user, and when I enter the name,
and subsequently the password, the system goes away for 1 or two seconds
after hitting enter, and then comes back with the login screen. When I
enter the name again, and thereafter password, the same happens again. No
error- message, just comes back like if nothing happened. No error with the
password: if I enter a different password, it gives a "wrong
password"-message. On a console (under eg. alt-ctl-F2)I can login without a
problem. But not under KDE.
Can't find a message in /var/log/messages, the only log I can imagine as a
place for error-messages.
Or does a different log give better indications?

~/.xsession-errors could.

Anyone a hint?

Select the failsafe session type in KDM, then launch KDE manually
using 'startkde'.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer