[opensuse] unable to login to KDE under newly installed 11.2
  • From: Julien Michielsen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:14:51 +0200
Yesterday I installed 11.2 on my machine, and I don't succeed to login to my
useraccount under X. It prompts for the user, and when I enter the name, and
subsequently the password, the system goes away for 1 or two seconds after
hitting enter, and then comes back with the login screen. When I enter the
name again, and thereafter password, the same happens again. No error-
message, just comes back like if nothing happened. No error with the password:
if I enter a different password, it gives a "wrong password"-message. On a
console (under eg. alt-ctl-F2)I can login without a problem. But not under
KDE.
Can't find a message in /var/log/messages, the only log I can imagine as a
place for error-messages.
Or does a different log give better indications?
Anyone a hint?
Thx
--
Julien Michielsen