Re: [opensuse] HP computers?
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:00:42 -0400
On Thursday 27 May 2010 17:48:20 Jim Hatridge wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a HP computer (Pavilion P6310de). It comes with
Windows 7 and I want to add SuSE to it. Can anyone tell me good or bad
things about HP computers? Do they play nice with Linux?

disclaimer: I used to work for HP

I have a elite m9250f
The network card was not recognized until a recent kernel upgrade needed the
(r8169 module did not work needed to use r8168 module)

The TV card still does not work it is a haupage 1800

Otherwise , the Vista that was on it only lasted long enough to make the
restore DVD.

I have 7 HP computers in sight at the moment and only 3 IBM's

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600