Re: [opensuse] Novell Client for Linux 2.0 sp2 sle11 i586 on openSUSE 11.2
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:32:47 +0200
On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:50:23PM +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
had to recognize that there seems to be very few interest in offering NCL
on openSUSE (even though the most apparent thing missing is a proper repo
building NCL against openSUSE distributions... but for licensing reasons,
this seems not to be welcome on OBS... I can tell you the full story if
you're interested.. but 'offline').

I can understand it not being available with the base release. But if
you can include Adobe or nvidia drivers, this seems not to be so very
different. We have thousands of users running the NCW on XP. It is so
frustrating to not be able to do the same with a Linux so closely
related to Novell.

The SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 Service PAck 1 now has Novel Client
for Linux included.

As for openSUSE ... Was there ever a FATE entry for this?
Without involving our product management folks Michael Loeffler or Andreas
Jaeger it wont see any kind of progress.

And even then I am not so sure.

Ciao, Marcus