Re: [opensuse] Slow CIFS mount
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:49:57 -0600
On 01/06/2010 09:20 AM, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
Hi, i'm seeing 1 to 3 minutes delay mounting on OS 11.2 a CIFS share
from a Windows XP machine. Once it's mounted, everything is fine.
Anybody sees something like this?

Regards,

I have also seen cifs weirdness lately with mounted smb/cifs share disconnecting
after being mounted for 20-30 minutes or so. The shares mount fine just like
they always have, but when I try to access something 30 minutes later, the
mounts are gone. Dunno what's going on, this same setup has work fine for years.
I'll file a report after collecting some additional information...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC