Re: [opensuse] Problems (minor?) with 11.2 upgrade
  • From: Stefan Quandt <st.quandt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 22:16:51 +0100
Am Montag, 4. Januar 2010 09:06:12 schrieb John E. Perry:
After seeing a lot of praise for 11.2, and not having seen the early
complaints about its killing Intel networking, I decided to upgrade.
Also broken for me (see below).
Does anyone know of bug reports on this?

wifi doesn't work any more. One of the 11.1 updates broke it,
and I was hoping 11.2 would fix whatever that was. It's still doing the
same thing it was before: knetworkmanager shows me my SSID, I click on
it, it churns for a while, and comes back asking for my passphrase. I
give it, and {repeat ad infinitum}.
Earlier in 11.1, knetworkmanager simply connected and after a few
seconds, I was online again. I didn't need to do anything manually.
So I'm still on ethernet.
I also had perfect WLAN connectivity using knetworkmanager on 11.1
since the earliest 11.2 alphas my WLAN is broken in exactly the way you
describe (network is visible but connection attempts always fail even if i
make the network unencrypted).

Stefan. Q.