Re: [opensuse] Could somebody test this? (xterm or jstar bug)
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:35:25 +0100
On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 11:57:23PM +0100, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:48:11 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

I don't like "fate", I don't like an open vote for technical issues,
instead of technical merit. I no longer use fate.

Fate is far from an open vote. It's the basis to discuss pros and cons
of features, something that has no place in bugzilla.

On the one aka SUSE side you're right but on the other OSS side wrong.

FATE is yet another demonstration of a development decission made
several years ago when it had been close to impossible to implement the
same inside bugzilla.

If I get it right this changed. Now it is possible to store arbitrary
state information like "needinfo" without special patches and hacks in
bugzilla.

I would appreciate if all the information is stored at one place. No
more "this is a feature and not a bug" and no more "this is a bug and
not a feature" replies. Yes, it's possible from inside fate to
reference bug IDs. Do we have the same feature available from inside
bugzilla?

Do we need to maintain two infrastructures?

How are other OOS companies doing this? RedHat uses Bugzilla for both.

Let us drop bugzilla and use fate for both. ;)

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team