Re: [opensuse] ksplash themes
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 21:39:51 +0100
On Tuesday 05 January 2010 16:02:10 lynn wrote:
I want to install a new splash screen:

Kmenu>system settings>General>appearence>splash screen>get new themes
(phew, found it)
and click install on one I like. It downloads and installs and there is a
red cross in the unistall check box where the green tick was before. How
do I install it? What is it called and
where does it go after it has downloaded? It does not appear in the Manager
for Splash Screen Themes.
I was looking in my home folder under downloads. But nada..

kde 4.3.4 from the update instlaled from what was available for update (the
bit in blue brackets in Yast>right click>install if newer version
available) from the the KDE43 repo today.

I feel like Kerninghan and DMR trying to find out where the output of hello
world went.

Try $HOME/.kde4/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/. The problem with kde-look.org and
KNewStuff is that there is no validation of the up- or downloaded content. So
"SCi FI 17" when installed drops a file sharelinkdownloader.php in that dir,
which is not a valid theme tarball, but nothing happens in the Splash Screen
config module. The theme 'Mandriva Space' works, though.

Happy new 2010 from Lynn

Happy new year to you too!

Will

--