Re: [opensuse] How to type CurrentDate & CurrentTime with KDE's InputActions?
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:20:21 +0100
On Monday 04 of January 2010 18:36:46 Ben DJ wrote:
You can't do that there,

Well, shucks! :-( I find the "date/time-stamp with a keystroke"
something I miss a lot (easy @ OSX's QuicKeys ...).

As I said, it's just a matter of playing with C++ and Xlib :). The code is in
kdebase/workspace/khotkeys, the function creating the input is
KeyboardInputAction::execute(), you need something that converts a given
string to a series of QKeySequence (probably something from KKeyServer class
might help).

I don't know if it can't be done, or if I've got syntax wrong. If the
"how to" is in the docs, I'm missing/misunderstanding them :-(

I'm afraid those are waiting for somebody who'd find the time to write
them.

Heh, not the first time, eh? ;-) If I ever figure out how to do this,
I'll try to post something to the wiki!

Not the wiki. Who's going to read it there? I meant the normal application
documentation (http://www.kde.org/documentation/).

PS:
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette#Personal_and_mail_list_answers

--