Re: [opensuse] How to type CurrentDate & CurrentTime with KDE's InputActions?
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:24:41 +0100
On Sunday 03 of January 2010 23:45:44 Ben DJ wrote:
Hi,

I use KDE's InputActions to assign keystrokes to type phrases. E.g.,
press "Ctrl-Meta-T", types "testing". Just an example.

I'd like to assign a single, global keystroke/shortcut to print the
current date & time.

You can't do that there, unless you're any good with C++ and would be willing
to experiment with decomposing any given text to the matching keypresses.
Baring that, you could try binding a shortcut to a command that would use
'xclip' to set clipboard to the desired text and then paste that manually.

I don't know if it can't be done, or if I've got syntax wrong. If the
"how to" is in the docs, I'm missing/misunderstanding them :-(

I'm afraid those are waiting for somebody who'd find the time to write them.