Re: [opensuse] Netbook config - how to kill it
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:35:03 +0000
On Monday 04 Jan 2010 16:02:14 Will Stephenson wrote:
On Sunday 03 January 2010 11:44:16 ianseeks wrote:
I've got myself into a config mess on my desktop PC.

I deleted the ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* files as I couldn't get rid of
the "newspaper" column format on the Desktop. When i logged in again it
went straight to a netbook config and i can't get back to a desktop
format even after i repeated the deletion of the plasms*rc files. I even
copied the plasma*rc files from my other user and it still launched the
Netbook format.

where does KDE decide whether to use Netbook or Desktop?

When you select Netbook (plasma-netbook) it writes .desktop files in

~/.config/autostart/

Damn, didn't think of looking there...

that override the default plasma-desktop system-wide autostart desktop
file. You can delete these to get the default back, or if you are using
KDE 4.4beta you can use Configure Desktop->Desktop->Workspace->Form
Factor->Desktop.

The config files you deleted are read by whichever desktop shell is started
by the autostart mechanism, so they couldn't have any effect.

HTH

Will

Thanks, i'm actually growin to like it now even though its my desktop machine,
might keep it for a while. :o)