Re: [opensuse] Problems (minor?) with 11.2 upgrade
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:59:39 +0100
Am Montag, 4. Januar 2010 09:06:12 schrieb John E. Perry:
Oh yeah. wifi doesn't work any more. One of the 11.1 updates broke it,
and I was hoping 11.2 would fix whatever that was. It's still doing the
same thing it was before: knetworkmanager shows me my SSID, I click on
it, it churns for a while, and comes back asking for my passphrase. I
give it, and {repeat ad infinitum}.

Earlier in 11.1, knetworkmanager simply connected and after a few
seconds, I was online again. I didn't need to do anything manually.

For NetworkManager issues it is useful to try a different client, e.g. nm-
applet. If that works it's a knm (config) issue. If that does not work a look
at the wpa_supplicant and NetworkManager logs as well as warn and messages
helps too. And of course you can try to use YaST to configure your wifi
connection to rule out NM completely.

If you have a big enough USB stick you could even try to create a live DVD/CD
to simulate a fresh install and see if that helps.

Sven