Re: [opensuse] Could somebody test this? (xterm or jstar bug)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 01:22:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2010-01-03 at 19:24 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 03/01/10 19:19, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2010-01-03 at 20:32 +0100, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 14:26:24 +0100, you wrote:

Well, I did RFC and trusted Cristian O:-)

When I recommend to open a bug it implies that the OP should first
search for matching bug reports.

When somebody from Novell recomends opening a bugzilla, I take for
granted that he knows already if it is reported or not.

That's rarely possible, unless you were previously Assigned to the bug
or CC'ed.

Sorry, I assumed you were in the know.

Plus, some of your colleagues think that double reporting is good,
because that way it is known that it affects several people. I was told
that on another ocassion, to report anywway. Otherwise, please all of
you agree on a policy and tell us so.

That's why duplicate resolution exists, however ideally it shouldnt be
used ;) I understand that is usually not possible because bugzilla
search engine is broken beyond repair and rarey returns something useful.

It wasn't in the last 100 bugs displayed when I went in, at least. Or I didn't see it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

< Previous Next >