Re: [opensuse] Could somebody test this? (xterm or jstar bug)
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:24:27 -0300
On 03/01/10 19:19, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Sunday, 2010-01-03 at 20:32 +0100, Philipp Thomas wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 14:26:24 +0100, you wrote:

Well, I did RFC and trusted Cristian O:-)

When I recommend to open a bug it implies that the OP should first
search for matching bug reports.

When somebody from Novell recomends opening a bugzilla, I take for
granted that he knows already if it is reported or not.

That's rarely possible, unless you were previously Assigned to the bug
or CC'ed.

Plus, some of your colleagues think that double reporting is good,
because that way it is known that it affects several people. I was told
that on another ocassion, to report anywway. Otherwise, please all of
you agree on a policy and tell us so.

That's why duplicate resolution exists, however ideally it shouldnt be
used ;) I understand that is usually not possible because bugzilla
search engine is broken beyond repair and rarey returns something useful.