[opensuse] kde 4.4 will not shutdown
  • From: Andrew Colvin <apc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 08:06:38 +0000
Hi all and a happy new year

I have a weird problem on my laptop which is running opensuse 11.1 and the kde
4.4 betas (up to date with the latest in all the repos).

Since I replaced 4.3.4 with 4.4 my kde will not log me out or shutdown. It
shows the logout or shutdown dialogue and then plays the sound when you log
out but then does nothing. I cannot invoke logout again and have to resort to
killing processes or use init 0 to shutdown. I have even tried the root user
but still nothing. Additionally I started KDE without KDM (directly) and it
exhibits the same issue on logout and no errors where shown in the terminal I
started it from

Does anyone else have this issue is there a way to resolve it. It has been
like for about a month and each update I hope it will fix it but it hasn't.

Hoping for a solution
Andrew