Re: [opensuse] selecting the atlantis screen saver on 11.2 box locks it up
  • From: Toshi Esumi <suse_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 23:34:58 -0800
On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 22:18 -0700, Michael Folsom wrote:
I'm using gnome and as soon as the tool to control the screen saver
opens up the box locks up so its not possible to change it -

I have a similar problem but I know it's because ATI HD4200 (in AMD
785G) is not supported and suse 11.2 recognizes it as "ATI VGA
compatible controller". So when I try changing screensaver, the screen
gets messed up and can't do anything further. Your case might be
different though. I'm waiting for AMD or ATI to release a linux driver
for the chip.

In my case, I have another 11.1 machine, so I could VNC into the 11.2
machine after rebooting it and changed the screensaver back to "blank
screen" to recover it. As long as I don't try using nice screen saver
like atlantis, the 11.2 machine seems to be happy.

Toshi