Re: [opensuse] Share /boot partition ??
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:45:01 -0500
"On 08:27:40 pm "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said"
On Friday, 2010-01-01 at 20:12 -0500, ka1ifq wrote:
A friend it going to install 2 or 3 flavors of Linux with XP on one
drive. He is under the impression that the linux installations can share
the same /boot partition and I haven't found any data either way. Does
anybody know if this will work? Has anybody tried this?

Manually, yes. Expect it to break after every update, though.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Ok, so if he does one install on top of the other grub will put everything for
each flavor into the one /boot partition an be able to boot each one?

Ok, part 2. He had installed FC12, then installed XP afterward which killed
the boot for FC12, then installed openSUSE 11.2, he got grub to give him the
menu for XP and openSUSE, but it did not pickup the FC12 install. Do you think
there is a way to recover the boot for FC12? He is supposedly installing
another flavor right now (Ubuntu). And I thought I did crazy stuff.

Thanks, Mike..
--
2.6.27.39-0.2-default GNU/Linux