Re: [opensuse] Two small GNOME questions
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 01:15:57 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2010-01-01 at 00:22 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:

1) How does one get to a terminal? Asking the main menu for "terminal"
brought up a window with icons for a lot of files, but no place to
exercise bash.

I don't like the modern style main menu, I prefer the classical menu. I can find things there.

Classical menu: System / Terminal / choose one.

New menu: More applications / System / [GnomeTerminal|Terminal|Xterm]

Or in Nautilus, you can browse to a directory, and in the menu you see "open a terminal here".

2) I have set up a number of virtual desktops ("workspaces"). I have also
set a background, and thought I was doing so for one such workspace
individually. But it affects all workspaces equally. Is there a way to
has different backgrounds for each one?

I'd like that one, too.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.