Re: [opensuse] where to place the library glib
  • From: Maura Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:08:59 +0000 (GMT)

--- Gio 29/10/09, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

Da: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: Re: [opensuse] where to place the library glib
A: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Data: Giovedì 29 ottobre 2009, 20:19
On 29/10/09 14:27, Maura Monville
wrote:
I am brushing up my C coding capability ... if any
(???)
I started up with a stand-alone simple program (see
attachment) hich I compile through one simple command line.
The compiler cannot resolve the include statement
about elements that belong to glib, no matter how I
reshuffle such statements (error messages pasted at the
bottom of this message).
Since an assistant professor and I installed the glib
in such a way as to make the undocumented code, developed by
a student who left some months ago, work somehow ... I am
afraid we messed up the glib installation so that instead of
having its pieces stored in the standard system files its
pieces were spread elsewhere therefore the gcc compiler
cannot find them.

My question is: where is the glib expected to be
installed by default (as gcc expects) ?
How can I make up for the mess we did ? I mean, shall
I un-install glib (how) and then reinstall it again
following the standard pathway ?

Many thanks,
Maura

mauede@bordighera:~/miRTA-Dir/Parini-Dir/galopps/galopps3.2.4.Parini/miRTA_MEM>
gcc miRTA_MEM-main.c -o miRTA_MEM

In file included from miRTA_MEM-main.c:9:

/usr/local/include/g_arraylist.h:1:18: error: glib.h:
No such file or directory

is glib2-devel installed ? how are you trying to compile
and link the code ?

I will check.
What is not clear to me is why the development environment should be installed.
The code I am in charge to fix makes use of some glib funtions to read/write
data from/to files, create arrays of structures, and access a database.
Why is the development environment necesary ?
Do the glib header files ".h" require the glib development package ?
I thought that glib-develop would be required to implement some new glib
function or modify an existent glib function.
The guy who made such a mess was just using some glib primitives.
Sorry. I am confused.

Thank you for your patience,
Maura