Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:18:12 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-10-29 at 23:17 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 11:29 -0400, James Knott wrote:

I booted the computer around 11:09 and logged in at 11:12 and 5 minutes
after doing so, ntpd was talking to the server via WiFi. At 11:09, I
hadn't yet logged in and the WiFi link not yet established. At that
time, ntpd could not find the server, as expected. Based on this, it
appears ntpd works fine with NetworkManager, at least on this computer.

Yesterday I ran ntp by hand after NetworkManager started, because it had
not been starting. That was seen because the time has bee off by over an
hour since I installed 11.2 RC1.

Exactly what I said would happen. NTP runs "happily" with no network, but it quits, aborts, when it finds the time difference is too big.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.