Re: [opensuse] where to place the library glib
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:19:05 -0300
On 29/10/09 14:27, Maura Monville wrote:
I am brushing up my C coding capability ... if any (???)
I started up with a stand-alone simple program (see attachment) hich I
compile through one simple command line.
The compiler cannot resolve the include statement about elements that belong
to glib, no matter how I reshuffle such statements (error messages pasted at
the bottom of this message).
Since an assistant professor and I installed the glib in such a way as to
make the undocumented code, developed by a student who left some months ago,
work somehow ... I am afraid we messed up the glib installation so that
instead of having its pieces stored in the standard system files its pieces
were spread elsewhere therefore the gcc compiler cannot find them.

My question is: where is the glib expected to be installed by default (as gcc
expects) ?
How can I make up for the mess we did ? I mean, shall I un-install glib (how)
and then reinstall it again following the standard pathway ?

Many thanks,
Maura

mauede@bordighera:~/miRTA-Dir/Parini-Dir/galopps/galopps3.2.4.Parini/miRTA_MEM>
gcc miRTA_MEM-main.c -o miRTA_MEM
In file included from miRTA_MEM-main.c:9:

/usr/local/include/g_arraylist.h:1:18: error: glib.h: No such file or
directory

is glib2-devel installed ? how are you trying to compile and link the code ?