Re: [opensuse] where to place the library glib
On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 10:27 -0700, Maura Monville wrote:
I am brushing up my C coding capability ... if any (???)
I started up with a stand-alone simple program (see attachment) hich I
compile through one simple command line.
The compiler cannot resolve the include statement about elements that
belong to glib, no matter how I reshuffle such statements (error
messages pasted at the bottom of this message).

Is glib-devel installed?

Since an assistant professor and I installed the glib in such a way as
to make the undocumented code, developed by a student who left some
months ago, work somehow ... I am afraid we messed up the glib
installation so that instead of having its pieces stored in the
standard system files its pieces were spread elsewhere therefore the
gcc compiler cannot find them.

So fix that. Seriously. There is no reason to mess with the glib
setup.

My question is: where is the glib expected to be installed by default (as gcc
expects) ?

rpm -ql glib
rpm -ql glib-devel

How can I make up for the mess we did ?
/usr/local/include/g_arraylist.h:1:18: error: glib.h: No such file or
directory

/usr/local/.... There is no reason to look for glib stuff in /usr/local