[opensuse] Please, advice
  • From: Maura Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
Some years ago I developed a whole Kinetic Monte Carlo code in C++ and availed
myself of KDevelop. I am grateful to a Linux Engineer for setting up KDevelop
for my project and teaching me how to use it profitbly.
After that experience I resorted to scripting languages that, although less
optimized and efficient, allow for fast debugging ...

Now I have to contribute a piece of a big project which is coded in C.... sigh !
I would appreciate your advice about a development environment, an EDE, which
is friendly and easy to use (for people who write C code every now and then).

In addition, I have to start using glib functions in a C++ program.
I do not have any previous experience with glib,
I guess there are many experts out there that can suggest me where to find some
good documentation (possibly with usage examples)

Thanks a lot.
Maura