[opensuse] Japanese input
  • From: Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:48:19 +0900
Good morning from Japan
I just bought me on e-bay a second-hand HP notebook to use as an
experimental
machine in my zillionth time to "get friendly with Linux".
(all previous attempts have failed ...)

I did download OpenSUSE 11, but this is the "English version".
Yet, I MUST have Japanese language capability.
That means, I must be able to display, read and write/edit Japanese texts.

I am sure this question has been answered already somewhere, but I don't
know where
and in my attempts at installing OpenSUSE 10.3 and later 11 on my (very) old
desktops I could not figure out, how that is done.

If there are some instructions somewhere even a non-computer freak like
myself
can follow, I would appreciate being directed there.

Thank you in advance
Thomas