Re: [opensuse] Re: Need to rip video from several ISO images
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:39:38 +1030
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:05:56 Adam Jimerson wrote:
On Wednesday 28 October 2009 06:29:08 am jdd-gmane wrote:
why don't you simply open the iso?

mount -o loop isoimage /mountpoint

then copy what you want
jdd

I still need a way to convert the video into something else I will just get
a AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS and I'm not sure how use full those will be
outside of a ISO/DVD

In the VIDEO_TS file you will find a number of files - the ones of interest
for your purposes are those ending in .VOB. Depending on the actual amount of
data there may be more than one of them, with names like VTS_01_x.VOB (for the
first title). If there is a second title on the DVD they will have
VTS_02_x.VOB.

If you want to convert them individually to another format, you can simply use
ffmpeg (command line), handbrake (gui) or WinFF (gui) or mencoder (cli) to do
the conversion (there are probably others too). A script to do multiple
conversions using ffmpeg is pretty easy (I know, I wrote one for myself but it
is pretty ugly and not really suitable for public consumption).

If, on the other hand, you want to end up with one single file containing the
entire title you can simply do "cat VTS_01_1.VOB.VTS_01_2.VOB
[...VTS_01_x.VOB]> REALLY_BIG.VOB" (may end up with a file several GB in size)
and then convert that (may take many hours depending on resolution, format,
hardware specs of your machine etc).