Re: [opensuse] Tweaking of e16 desktop nearing completion - way cool desktop
  • From: Pit Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:43:37 +0000

Hi David,

First, thanks for ponting me at e16. In fact, this is the second time now
that I switch my window manager(*): In 94 I switched from tvtwm to fvwm, and
now finally I found something that is interesting enough to leave fvwm (no,
neither GNOME or KDE are my style).

I think I must have had a look at it earlier, as enlightenment is around
almost as long as fvwm, but probably the first versions were far behind it so
I forgot about it....

I have 2 desktops with my desktop "areas" laid out in a 4x1 grid. So the
result of having two desktops makes 8 desktop areas (that you would normally
just call desktops). The config is (desktop 1 on top, dt2 on the bottom):

A question to this: What do you use two desktops for? In particular, what's
the advantage over having one desktop separated in 4x2 areas?

As I see a lot of epplets(?) in your upper right corner: Do you know gkrellm?

Cheers,

Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin http://www.astro.su.se/~pit