Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:13:27 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2009-10-28 at 15:02 -0400, James Knott wrote:

I just checked the ntpd log and it shows it's setting the time
correctly. The last sync was about 2h 28 m ago. This is on the
notebook running OpenSUSE 11.0 and connecting via WiFi and using
NetworkManager. No problem here.

Also, looking back through the log, I can see times when it couldn't
find the ntp server and used the local clock instead. Later it again
shows using the configured ntp server.

That's what it should do. However, if there is a big initial time difference, it will abort. If you start the ntp service after the network is up, first it will jump-adjust the time, then it starts the daemon to keep it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.