Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:02:57 -0400
James Knott wrote:
I just checked my notebook and see that ntpd is running with a WiFi
connection. The clock appears to be in sync with my desktop computer,
which is also running ntpd. Using "ps aux|grep ntp" shows similar
results on both computers. Unless I'm mistaken, ntpd is running
properly on my notebook. I'm running OpenSUSE 11.0 on both computers
and NetworkManager on my notebook.

I just checked the ntpd log and it shows it's setting the time
correctly. The last sync was about 2h 28 m ago. This is on the
notebook running OpenSUSE 11.0 and connecting via WiFi and using
NetworkManager. No problem here.

Also, looking back through the log, I can see times when it couldn't
find the ntp server and used the local clock instead. Later it again
shows using the configured ntp server.