Re: [opensuse] Yast2 partitioner new features
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:16:15 -0400
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Sinisa <sinisa@xxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hello everyone,

is this the right place to suggest two little features for Yast2
partitioner:

1. an option to clone partition layout from one disk to other: I often make
little servers with 4, 6 or even 10 disks and Linux RAID, so I need to
repeat all the steps for all of the disks (of course, I do not use the a
whole disk for one md partition, but at least for two, plus swap) and that
consumes a lot of time and is error-prone...

2. option to specify layout for RADI10, because it can make BIG difference
in speed of array, either in "RAID - Add" dialog, or in "Settings" dialog
(e.g. somewhere under "Default file system").

Thank you and best regards,
Siniša Bandin
Novi Sad, Serbia

Siniša,

The correct place is <https://features.opensuse.org/>, but only
opensuse team members can open a feature (fate) request. (There are
hundreds of team members).

So if you are not a team member, posting here is a good way to
petition for a team member to open a "fate" request for you.

fyi: I'm a team member (volunteer), but I'm overloaded with real work right now.

Greg