Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:15:35 -0400
On Monday 26 October 2009 13:48:09 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-01-70 11:34]:
C'mon Patrick you are being obtuse again.

Now, what can you contribute to my requests except for criticism of my
style? Do those numbers mean anything to you?

Certainly. Did you bother to see what "du" does or just blindly run the
command? What if someone told you to run: rm -rf ./*

Hello Patrick, be nice please. Why must you think that many of us on this list
are so incompetent and lazy? As I explained to Anton I have read the man page
sometime back though, and recognizing the command, I just followed
instructions from people who are far more knowledgeabe than I am.

I explained to you that "." represented the present working directory,
the number is the space used in <unit>.

Is it any clue to you what the problem is? If so, I would like you to
demonstrate your expertise and to hear about it.

I am not interested in researching your posts to put everything into
perspective. Present an ordered list of the steps you have taken and the
results obtained and I will look closer. Others also will perhaps see
something that stands out.

Knowing you from the many years on this list I would NEVER expect you to do
the menial researh necessary to help out a fellow list member.

Your attack on constructive criticism does not impel one to take much
interest.

Attack?? Really now ! Constructive criticism in your own mind, Maybe less so
in the minds of others. I simply tried to explain to you how I chose to do
things to cut down on all garbage and wasted bandwidth on this list, like
this post and the one I am reluctantly compelled to answer to.

Here's the deal. If I cannot resolve this issue with the other kinder more
thoughtful people on this list I will build a chronological list of
suggestions and results of every posting on this thread as a new thread. Then
you will be able to contribute without menial research if that is your
desire.

God bless, and have a really nice day Patrick, and I am jealous of your "hog"

Bob S