Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6 - no default gateway needed?
On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 15:02 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Doing my first baby steps with IPv6, I've just now come across the issue
of the default gateway. It's easy enough to set up manually or with
YaST, but apparently it's no longer necessary due to the "Neighbor
Discovery Protocol":"Router Solicitation"?

Correct. IPv6 hosts will configure their default routes using ICMPv6.
--
openSUSE <http://www.opensuse.org/en/>
Linux for human beings who need to get things done.