Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 03:45:13 -0400
On Sunday 25 October 2009 22:37:40 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx> [10-25-09 22:29]:
75112312 .

We are seeing 3 different disks here. Any of those designated 10.2, 10.3.
workspace, and datastorage are on different drives. The one that concerns
me is the last entry the . partition.

the "." directory is the "present working directory, pwd". You can get
it's location by issuing "pwd" w/o the quote marks from a command line.

Yes, and that gives me the "/" or root/primary/basic directory that I know is
the filled partition. How does that help me? What does that number 75112312
mean?

Somebody can tell me what I am looking at here, please, and is the
problem evident?

Another dumb thought just occured to me. Does dd and rsync make temporary
files?

Bob S

PS to Dave Rankin. I looked at every one of those log files.
PS to Anton. I also followed your advice to no avail. Nothing strange.

You will have more luck resolving your difficulties if you respond the
the particular posts individually concisely answering the questions
inline with the information requested rather than combining your answers
and referencing other posts. You are asking for help, do not expect
other to have to go out of their way to understand your problems.

C'mon Patrick you are being obtuse again. I am trying very hard to present the
info as it is asked for without 6 or 7 different replies. If you take notice
I have made 3 different responses on this thread alone tonight. To Aaron,
Carlos. and Mike.Trying not to get responders searching the whole thread but
notifying them that I have listened to them rather than ignoring their
offered helpful advice.

Now, what can you contribute to my requests except for criticism of my style?
Do those numbers mean anything to you? Is it any clue to you what the problem
is? If so, I would like you to demonstrate your expertise and to hear about
it.

Bob S