[opensuse] I don't believe it! -- Ecomorph Works! (Enlightenment+Compiz)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:29:03 -0500
Listmates,

Here is one of those I can't believe it posts. There are some really
talented
people working on Linux desktops. I have posted a few times about how much I
have enjoyed the enlightenment desktop (both e16 and e17). I still have a
problem with xdm hanging on my laptop, but I know that is my screwup, because
it works fine on my other boxes.

As for the "I can't believe it" part of the post. "Ecomorph" That is
and
(Enlightenment+Compiz-Fusion...Morph) and ... It works great! A bit different
than with KDE, but the cube rotate, expo, etc.. work fine.

Thanks for the link to
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/dmitry_serpokryl:/Enlightenment-
cvs-core-metapackage/openSUSE_11.0/

The ecomorph package from that repository works fine. You install it
and
"ecomorph" lives side-by-side with e17. You have different launchers, so I you
just want e17, you choose that session. If you want ecomorph, then you can
choose it, just like you choose enlightenment or KDE.

The compiz controls "Ecomorph" controls just become another item in
enlightenment Settings -> Look. Pretty cool.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC