Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 03:58:01 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2009-10-24 at 18:19 -0400, Bob S wrote:

On Saturday 24 October 2009 04:27:02 Aaron Kulkis wrote:
.....<snipped my own stuff>,,,,,,

Bash tells me there is no such thing
as "sort. Dunno why...but,,,Oh well.... Thanks to all for your ideas.

Impossible. I don't believe you.

Reboot completed, you are now in runlevel S

5. cd /tmp (yes, even though the /tmp filesystem is
not mounted, the directory is still there,
because it's needed as a mount point.
Let's make sure that there aren't any files
in /tmp on the root filesystem that then
get hidden (and thus, not available to be
removed / recycled because your /tmp filesystem
is covering them up!)
6 ls -al /tmp.
If anything is listed other than . and ..
remove them
Lots of stuff. But I am afraid of removing it, Here is what's there:

Delete all of that. You should have nothing there (if you followed his intructions). Absolutely nothing.

Now !! Here is something strange ! After I finished this reply to you, I
re-booted to make sure what I had written was correct. The last two line of
the above were difffferent. They changed to this:

That is to be expected, if you followed his intructions. Think.

7. cd /sbin.

8. ls *fsck*; echo; ls *xfs*

Don't have xfs. Everything is ext3.

Did you run that command? There is something xfs there. Do not argue :-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.