Re: [opensuse] Re: software.opensuse.org displaying in German?
  • From: Shayon <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:35:34 +0530
Heinz Diehl wrote:
On 25.10.2009, Clayton wrote:

Grrr... this is annoying... software.opensuse.org is displaying in
German on me. I'm connecting from a German IP, but have my browser
language preferences set to English. Anyone else see the "wrong"
language?

No, it doesn't affect me, I'm able to read both English and German.
But I must admit that this is somewhat ugly.

I've emailed the webmaster at opensuse.org about this... I dearly hope
that someone hasn't done something really really stupid like.. dare I
say it.. set up geolocation to "guess" the language of the user
browsing to the site. Geolocation cannot get the language right...
language settings should always base it on the browser string, not the
geolocated IP :-(

When I connect to software.opensuse.org, the language displayed is German,
but I'm located in Norway (both physically and my host IP) and use
"US_en" as my browser language :-)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.9.0.14)
Gecko/2009090900 Firefox/3.0.14

And yes, you're right, there's no way to change the language manually to
something else than German.

Well i am also facing the same problem.And i suppose theres nothing much
to worry about.It must be a small technical problem(must be some scripts
interchanged),And will be fixed. :)So its not about a single person ..:)

Best,
Shayon
--
openSUSE Wiki Team Member