Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: Robert Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:18:22 -0700
On October 23, 2009 10:13:32 pm Bob S wrote:
Hello Suse people,

Running 11.0 with KDE3.5.

I keep getting constant warnings that my /home partition is 99% full.
Of course it is not. But.......my / partition is,..... according to
KDiskFree . That partition is 15GB. Almost impossible. My /home, /var.
and /tmp are all on there own separate partitions and are a fraction of
their usabe space.

I have looked and looked. I cannot find anything that could possibly take
up that much space on the / partition.

This happened to me a few years ago, on 9.0 or 9.1 and it was eventually
resolved, but darned if I can remember how or what it was or the commands
the good folks on this list suggested that I use to solve the problem.

Anyone for ideas on how to figure out what is going on?

Bob S

What may be happening is that your trash may be filled and you need to clean
out the trash. I don't use KDE4 but in KDE3 just right click on the trash can
and empty it.

--
Bob Smits, bob@xxxxxxxxx