Re: [opensuse] Beagle won't index Evolution email
On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 13:22 -0500, Anthony Simonelli wrote:
I don't know if any one else is experiencing this, but I am running
openSUSE 11.2 RC1 with the GNOME desktop. I've enabled the Beagle
Indexing service and it has done a great job indexing my documents,
system documentation, Firefox, but no Evolution information. I am
using Evolution to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server at work (not
IMAP or POP) but I do have it saving a local copy. I made sure that
it is set to index Evolution so is this a known issue?

Beagle can only index mail that is local. So for a folder to be
included you have to enable "Copy folder content locally for offline
operation" in order for the folder to be a search candidate. This makes
sense when you think about it - otherwise Beagle would be crawling
through every message on the server over your IMAP connection - probably
raising the ire of your administrator.