Re: [opensuse] full-fledge PDF editor for Linux
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 02:38:27 -0500
On Tuesday 20 October 2009 09:36:40 am Boris Epstein wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody know of an editor that can do on Linux what Acrobat /
Acrobat Pro can do on Mac/Windows? I have tried to use the PDF Import
extension to the Open Office which appears barely functional - at
least it is so slow as to be almost impractical. I have also tried
pdfedit under Linux which seems to work fine but seems to have rather
limited functionality. For instance, the capability to make bookmarks
or to search through the whole document (as opposed to the current
page) seems to be missing there.

Any tips much appreciated.

Cheers,

Boris.

Boris pdfedit does what you want, but it was slow and cumbersome and not 100%
adobe reader compatible. Other than that one, I haven't found a good one yet.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC