[opensuse] Re: full-fledge PDF editor for Linux
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:07:49 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:59:17 -0400, Boris Epstein wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Boris Epstein
<borepstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody know of an editor that can do on Linux what Acrobat /
Acrobat Pro can do on Mac/Windows? I have tried to use the PDF Import
extension to the Open Office which appears barely functional - at least
it is so slow as to be almost impractical. I have also tried pdfedit
under Linux which seems to work fine but seems to have rather limited
functionality. For instance, the capability to make bookmarks or to
search through the whole document (as opposed to the current page)
seems to be missing there.

Any tips much appreciated.

Cheers,

Boris.

Hi again,

Just to update you on the situation: the best solution I have found thus
far is a commercial but cheap one named PDFStudio (
http://www.qoppa.com/psindex.html ). Prices are under US $100. Seems to
be doing all we need (much like the Adobe Acrobat Pro ).

What specific features are you looking for?

Jim

--
Jim Henderson