Re: [opensuse] how many folks running suse 11 are heavily into IPv6?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:03:34 +0200
Hans Witvliet wrote:

Wrt to the external network, it would be highly desirable to begin a
slow transition to IPv6, but my main worry here is that my upstream
provider does not have the skills required to support me/my company.
There are not very many IPv6 deployments on xDSL yet.

It's very unlikely that you're served by an dsl provider willing to
offer IPv6, true. Hence you can turn to an external provider, like
http://www.tunnelbroker.net/ their tunnels are free, as in "free beer"
If you ever change from access-provider to another, you can take your
tunnel, and your /64 address space with you.

AFAICT, most tunnel brokers offer the service for development and
testing purposes, it's not a suitable solution for a production setup.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.1°C)