[opensuse] SLES 10 SP1 to SLES 10 SP3 upgrade
I just recently saw that SLES 10 SP3 was released. My employer currently ships
SLES 10 SP1 with our product. I was assigned the task to test the upgrade
process to SLES 10 SP2, but seeing as SLES 10 SP3 just came out I am interested
in seeing what it would take to upgrade from SLES 10 SP1 to SLES 10 SP3. After
downloading a copy of the SLES 10 SP3 DVD, I read through the README to see
which path of upgrade that it recommends--using the DVD as the installation
source. I assumed it would be one of the following upgrade paths:

1. SLES 10 SP1 -> SLES 10 SP2 -> SLES 10 SP3
2. SLES 10 SP1 -> SLES 10 SP3

After looking through the README, I saw the following section:

Important Note:
---------------
After completing any form of update, look at the contents of the file
/var/adm/rpmconfigcheck. This file contains a list of configuration files
that could not be updated automatically. Usually this means the installed
version was modified. These files must be checked and the configurations
adjusted manually.

Online update from SLES10 GA or SLES10 SP1 to SLES10 SP3 is not supported,
you need to update to SLES10 SP2 at first.

Based on reading this, it would seem to me that my desired path of upgrade
using the DVD as the installation source should be the second upgrade path that
I listed. Unfortunately, I am new to the upgrade process spanning multiple
service packs for SLES. So, if someone could confirm that my assumption are
either correct or not that would be an immense help.

Thanks,

Jason Babicka