Re: [opensuse] Kmail debugging
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:33:05 -0700
Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Sonntag, 11. Oktober 2009 22:58:59 schrieb Ciro Iriarte:
Anybody knows if it's possible to see IMAP messages or fetch process
in kmail?. I'm having issues with IMAP and Gmail, the account suddenly
stopped syncing and I assume a particular email is to blame because a
full resync doesn't help...

Did you try with kmail from KDE 4.3? If that works, it was fixed already.

Sven

What ever the problem the OP was trying to track down, I can tell you
that Kmail's support of imap is pretty broken.

Status updates (such as when you read a message) are not reported upstream
to the imap server immediately.

Messages that were read on another station, still show up as unread in Kmail.
Even a re-fetch does not solve this. Kmail only show the status as
the LOCAL status. Messages read via your mobile, or other MUA still show
as unread on kmail.

There appears to be no imap idled support.

This used to work in 3.5.