[opensuse] Hostname is different from what I specified
  • From: "Chris Lincoln" <chrislincoln03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:00:26 -0500
I very clearly specified the hostname during the setup to be Caesium; However, for some unknown reason, OpenSUSE decided to use the hostname Beryllium instead. The only place I know of where it could have gotten the name from is my Windows 7 install, which has that hostname (Beryllium). However, Windows 7 is on a different hard drive. Is there a way to correct this? How could this have happened in the first place?

I am using OpenSUSE 11.1. It was installed directly from the DVD (not in Windows or anything).

~Chris