Re: [opensuse] openSUSE wiki needs editors
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:08:48 -0500
I think a once a week announcement is a good idea but I also think the
mail should contain a bold warning that followups should be to the wiki
list, not to this tech support list.

Good idea. It will.

If it's technically possible, sending the mail to this list from the
wikilist address might help - a simple reply would then be automatically
sent to the wiki list.

I can set Reply To opensuse-wiki, but it will confuse people when their reply
doesn't appear here and if they are not subscribed to opensuse-wiki ML it will
bounce emails, so, I'll stick with warning.

The fact is that my only worry is that stray discussions about wiki can be
considered as offtopic, which strictly will be the case, but on the other hand
increasing effort on centralized documentation on the wiki [1] can improve
help here. One HOWTO based on discussion here, that will condense knowledge
spread in few articles on lists archives [2] will help us and new users.

[1]
http://en.opensuse.org/Boosters_Team/Projects/Discoverable_centralised_documentation
[2] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/

--