Re: [opensuse] Bash Guru help needed, recursively extract rarred files
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:31:23 +0200
On Tuesday 13 October 2009 00:27:10 Philip Dowie wrote:
That will not unrar a rar file if a r01 file exists with the same first
part of the name. but it is guilty of that unnecessary invocation of sed.
something like

rarname="${rarfile/.rar/}".r01

might suit. BASH gurus will confirm or shoot me down..

This was exactly what I was testing for in my script. If a rar file exists,
use it, otherwise go with the r01 - without sed

Anders