Re: [opensuse] nut package 17 months out of date?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:24:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-10-11 at 14:11 +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 12:57 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

No, I prefer the current state. If asked, I prefer longer maintenance
periods than the current 18 month period.

You mean something like giving the XX.3 release Long Term Support?
Sounds nice, though a previous request for LTS has been declined some
time ago... (probably too much work involved for the official staff)

That would be even nicer (and there is an initiative to get it done outside of Novell). For me, a two year period, like we had till now, would be enough. With an 18 month period it is impossible to plan the update for a fixed period of the year (say, the vacation period). It makes things difficult.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.