Re: [opensuse] nfs logging?
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 12:04:54 +0100
Martin Jedamzik wrote:
Am Donnerstag 08 Oktober 2009 14:00:59 schrieb Dave Howorth:
Sometimes my NFS server is hammered and I'd like to find out what the
cause is.

I'd suggest using /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfsd_debug

Thanks for this. I haven't done anything like this before. I tried:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfs_debug

as suggested in the page you linked to. But I wasn't able to find any
output anywhere in /var/log even though a client process is actively
making NFS requests. Should I be looking elsewhere or doing something else?

A few good hints are here:

http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/NFS-troubleshooting-2.html

But maybe you should use "showmount -a" before to see which clients are
causing you trouble.

I think showmount just shows me what is exported to who but what I need
to know is which of those clients is actively making requests when the
problem occurs.

Thanks, Dave